Sunday, February 21, 2010

Despair...

Standing in the midst of my dreams..
Feel trapped between egos and aspirations..
With darkness for company.
Dreams, those dreams chasing me, mocking me..
No, they ain't my worst nightmares.
I admit I wanted those to be a part of my life,
To some extent, at some point of time.
With care and imagination,
Woven with someone I loved!
Caught in the sands of time..

Each one of them,
Ask me the same question time and again
In some sorta creaking voices,
"When I'll be fulfilling them?"
"When I'll set them free..?"
I feel like a prince of some fairy tale
Pleading me to break the curses..
But a part of me,
Don't want to let them go.
Why cant they just leave me alone?

Why cant they shut up?
Choking me deep down.
The more I fight them,
The more they get anxious.
The more they encircle me like a whirlwind.
I wanna close my eyes, my ears..
Till it stops, please make it stop!
Feel out of place these days,
Wanna lock myself somewhere.
Wanna cry, wanna break,wanna keep running
Till I hit something, anything...
Feel like screaming, nothings right...
A distant light, like a ray of hope,
Hope, all I have..
Still, hoping, I wonder for how long..
Till I break down.
Secretly I'd hope,
Someone to come, my guardian angel,
Hold my hand, Show me the way...

(P.S.- I'm writing this after a year!! Sorry for any anomalies, still an amateur I am!)

8 comments:

K.U.Amudhan said...

I was struck by the similarity to a poem I wrote a few weeks back. http://touchofperspective.blogspot.com/2010/01/checkout-tray.html
Not the same words, but the same emotions (I think). Nice.

Akansha Sinha said...

Sometimes, we construct walls around us . . not to keep a few away . . but to see as to who breaks them to ensure you're not eroded by solitude . .

As a matter of fact, when that phase takes an adieu its certainly not just loneliness that haunts . . Its the fear of neva gttin to c ne1 comfort your aura with the same satiation n' bliss . . for no reason . . only cz da necessity arises outta the want of being there . .

Here, ders not 1 sentence which fails to depict both sides of da story . . da darkness illustrated gives me a clear pic of how da brighter side would have been :) and certainly instills a ray of hope that there's something much more to it . . and that it does not terminate here

"But a part of me,
Don't want to let them go."

Out here, dis states da longing you have to aspire fr a better tomorrow . . and u neva kno . . wat it is . . so just that, make sure ur present happens to frm a strong base . . . Afterall, "Reality is for only those who dream" B-)

Its such a treat to come to know how well you have gauged out the intricacies of ur existence to ensure its so rhythmic that it brings such a well directed inclination in ur direction, as a reader :)

Just that, you have to discover deeper details of da same . . and you'll be painting much more vibrancy via those inner circles in ur poems evn if it has a shady outline :)

Beautiful indeed!

Agnivo said...

sorry for commenting so late.i am not very fond of poems....but i feel this poem speaks a lot! i think everyone faces this question in life...darkness tries to engulf us but we must try to fight it....

on a lighter note...ur poem is also so #congusedvellas type yaaar :D :D hahahaha

its good :)

NOOPUR JOSHI said...

my thoughts exactly!! if ever i introspect myself then this poem will get out of me.its amazing.keep up the good work, but dot keep us waiting!!

KG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gaurav said...

Woah long post dude. I liked the minute by minute and dialgue based description. Keep writing

Monika said...

GREAT BLOG :D

Anonymous said...

I feel like a prince of some fairy tale
Pleading me to break the curses..
But a part of me,
Don't want to let them go.


Loved these lines .. the poem was much heartfelt .. hope you write more .. pleasee :)