Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Sleeping Child

Come to me,Oh my child,
Oh my sweet child...
And go to an innocent sleep.
And dream of the sky,
As you have to touch it one day.
Dream of the colors,
Because you are one of them.
Dream about everything good,
Dream about yourself.
Explore your mind,
Explore your destiny.
Go to sleep without any worry,
As I am here to cover you,
I am here to protect you.
Oh my sweet sleeping beauty..
Oh my sweet sleeping baby..

You are so lucky,
That you have no worries.
So lucky that you are so innocent.
You have the leisure,
To build your own world,
Your own paradise.
The world is so rough my child,
You have to be very careful,
In whatever you do.
They are not like you,
They are mean, loath one another.
They feel jealous about one another, they fight.
But you keep away from all those,
I'm here to keep you at bay.
I'll guide you at your every step,
Don't you ever worry my child.
You will be great one day,
I have so many plans for you,
You will surely get what you desire.
If not from me, but surely from your dreams.

If God could grant,
Everyone mind like yours,
There would have been,
No jealousy, no fighting but only
Sweet peace all around.
Always keep that in mind my child,
The stars are twinkling just for you.
Jack and Jill went to fetch water just for you.
The boy of the black sheep is you.
You are just about everything for me,
You are darn special my child...
I like to see you play,
I like to see you crawl,
I like to see you smile,
I like to see you try utter my name.
Love you, care for you,
Oh my sleeping child...





1 comment:

Akansha Sinha said...

Its such a sweet poem...i cant express how ecstatic i felt after readin it...i mean...a child sleepin in urlap is one of the 3 most gorgeous moments tht i feel...every lil detail abt ths is soo very sublime...purity and delicacy is jst beyond wrds to b expressed...trust me the fact tht it comprises such satisfaction which makes me fall short of wrds to articulate ne frther....

To build your own world,
Your own paradise.

these 2 lines illustrate wat we humans seek....happiness...Invigorating smiles always...and yea finally contentment...its seriously an awesome part of ur poem...

You will surely get what you desire.
If not from me, but surely from your dreams.

These lines mean everythin tht a child's parents neva let extinguish...its the perfect embodiment of all tht love which frms the basis of a childs existence...and its a treat to cum acrosss such an awesome thot .... a felin which refuses to fade even till the end of eternity....aint i ryt?...

On the whole its a spell bindin poem...i wish i cud make a lil child understand all ths.....while he/she rests in my lap....dreamin of all the happiness tht is supposed to b spread all around...the satisfaction which is supp to b imparted thru his/her actions...Thts wat every individual is sent to ths weird wrld...bt most of us frgt ths amidst the dark wrld tht engulfs us all thru our journey...n we hardly realise it...ryt?...neway superb poem...i love it...gr8 wrk...keep writin....